All information regarding your application will be emailed to you. It is important that you check your emails regularly and notify us of any email address changes.
- 10th January 2023 = Application Deadline
- 9th & 10th February 2023 = Virtual Advice & Guidance Meetings
- 6th March 2023 = Virtual Advice & Guidance Meetings
- 28th April 2023 = Scholars Award Application Deadline
- 6th & 7th July 2023 = Applicant Welcome Days
- 24th August 2023 = GCSE Results Day
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does it matter if I don’t put Long Road as my first choice? No – we offer Advice and Guidance Meetings to all applicants
- I’ve missed the application deadline, what should I do? The application deadline is 12 noon on 10th January 2023, any applications received after this date may be placed on a waiting list if we are oversubscribed.
- What happens if I’m not predicted a Grade 4 in Maths and/or English GCSE? All options, including re-taking GCSEs, will be discussed with you at your Advice and Guidance Meeting.
- How do I know if my school belongs to Cambridge Area Partnership (CAP)? Click here for a list of all Cambridge Area Partnership schools.
- I currently attend a school that doesn’t belong to the Cambridge Area Partnership (CAP). Will this affect my application? We welcome applicants from all schools and treat all applications equally, regardless of the school attended
- What happens if I am moving into the area from another part of the UK or abroad? You need to apply via our website using this link: MyLongRoad. If you have any issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you accept IGCSEs? Yes, we accept all qualifications equivalent to GCSEs. If you are unsure about your qualifications please email email@example.com
- Can I apply to study both A Levels and Level 3 Diplomas? Yes, there are lots of possible combinations of courses which are explained in our Prospectus. You will need to meet the entry requirements for all courses you wish to study, entry requirements can be found on individual course pages.
- What happens if I want to change one of my subjects after my application? You will have the opportunity to discuss your subjects and make changes to your application at your Advice and Guidance Meeting. If you wish you make any changes after this please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What happens at the Advice and Guidance Meetings? Our Advice & Guidance Meetings are informal discussions, lasting 20-30 minutes, with an experienced member of our staff. You will discuss your subjects, extracurricular interests and career aspirations with your interviewer who will be able to offer advice and guidance on your study programme. It is also your opportunity to discuss any additional support you may require. Your parent/carer is encouraged to attend your Advice and Guidance Meeting with you.
- What happens after my Advice and Guidance Meeting? Your interviewer will update your MyLongRoad application account with your chosen courses and conditional offer. You will be sent a confirmation email detailing your conditional offer, once you have received this confirmation email you need to log in to your MyLongRoad account to accept the offer. Click here to log in to your account.
Please remember you can accept and hold a number of offers from different post-16 providers until you receive your GCSE results in August.
Information sent to applicants