Transport: Financial Support
If Long Road Sixth Form College is the nearest college to your home offering your course, and you are under 19 on 1 September 2022, then your local County Council might be able to assist with the cost of transport to and from college.
In order to qualify for subsidised transport, you must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled on a full time course
- Attending your nearest appropriate post-16 centre offering your chosen level of course
- Resident at an address more than three miles from the College
And in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- NHS Tax Exemption (valid at the time of application – (Cambridgeshire County Council only)
- Child Tax Credits where the Household income is below £16,190
- Universal Credit with a household monthly net income of no more than £935
For public transport – please contact your local County Council in the first instance to check eligibility and request a Post 16 Educational Transport application form if applicable.
|Cambridgeshire County Council||Telephone: 0345 045 5208|
|Hertfordshire County Council||Telephone: 0300 123 4043|
|Suffolk County Council||Telephone: 0345 606 6171|
|Essex County Council||Telephone: 0345 603 2200|
Please note however that there may be a charge payable to your local County Council.
If you require Assistance with this cost or your application is rejected by your local County Council, then you may be able to get help through the College’s 16-18 discretionary bursary.
Student Bus Pass
Students who travel by bus maybe able to receive discounted travel from local towns and villages by clicking below: