On 28 September Cambridge University Hospitals will be holding an open day for anyone interested in a career as an Allied Healthcare Professional (AHP). Allied Healthcare Professionals are the third largest workforce within the NHS, providing treatment and help to rehabilitate adults and children who are ill, have disabilities or special needs, to live life as fully as possible. Working as an Allied Healthcare Professional offers a wide range of career opportunities, whether you are interested in science, the arts, sport or psychology, you are sure to find something that suits you.
The following areas will be at the open day, talking about their experiences of working at CUH, offering educational talks about what is they do and explaining how you can train to become an AHP. Some areas will be offering a tour of their departments including a mock operating theatre. There will also be lots of opportunities to have a go at using some of the specialised equipment we use here to help our patients.
• Music Therapists
• Art Therapists
• Chiropodists/ Podiatrists
• Occupational Therapists
• Operating Department Practitioners (ODPs)
• Prosthesis and Orthotics
• Radiographers – Diagnostic & Therapeutic
• Speech and Language Therapists
Other areas attending:
• Careers & Recruitment Services
• Apprenticeships and Work Experience
• Staff Bank Services – Temporary part-time and full-time work opportunities, including gap year and holiday work.
There are no age restrictions and the day is open to everyone.