LONG ROAD SIXTH FORM COLLEGE OPEN EVENINGS 2024:
Launch your future at Long Road Sixth Form College!
Explore our green and leafy campus, meet our staff and students, and design a study programme that is tailored to YOU. Whatever direction you take, as a member of our friendly and vibrant community, you will develop the skills, independence and focus you need to keep moving forward.
Be Prepared. Be Inspired. Be Long Road.
- You must book 1 ticket for each person attending the event, including parents/carers.
- To ensure our event is safe and enjoyable for everyone, we ask you to please book a preferred entry time slot and aim to arrive within this time slot where possible.
- Please have your tickets (either printed or digital) ready to check upon arrival
- Event opens: 5pm. Last entry: 8pm. Event closes: 9pm.
- On-campus parking is very limited. We encourage visitors to use our free shuttle buses where possible - see below for further details.
- We will be taking photos for use in our marketing materials & social media. If you would not like to be photographed, please alert our photographers when you see them, or move out of shot.
Travelling to our event: Long Road Sixth Form College, Long Road, Cambridge. CB2 8PX.
Please ensure that you arrive within your 1 hour time slot as stated on your ticket.
Travelling by car:
- If you are travelling by car, please be advised that extremely limited parking is available on our college campus. Parking cannot be reserved.
- Our Estates team will direct you on where to park throughout the evening.
- If you require an accessible parking space, please let our Estates team know upon your arrival at the car park.
Free Shuttle Bus:
- We will be running free shuttle buses from both Babraham Park and Ride and Trumpington Park and Ride.
- Shuttle buses will drop off and collect passengers for their return journey from our side entrance/exit on Robinson Way.
- The college is well-served by a number of local bus companies and located approximately 1.5 miles away from Cambridge Train Station.
- If you are travelling to our Open Evenings via public transport, you can plan your journey here: https://www.google.com/maps
Food & Drink:
Worried about when you'll find time to have some dinner? Don't be!
We are so excited to be joined by three local food companies, so don't forget your cash / card!
- Pimp My Fish: Winners of 2023's best mobile fish and chips in the UK, Pimp My Fish will not only be serving up their signature fish & chips, but giving you the option of a modern twist with their Burrito's and Hot Dogs! Vegan, veggie, gluten-free and kid's portions means you can feed all the family.
- Now Now South African Food Co.: Bringing a belly full of sunshine with South African favourites! All food is homemade using family recipes, local meat and fresh produce. A wide range of delicious gluten-free, dairy free and vegan options are available.
- Toni's Ices: A family run business with over 30 years of experience and a reputation built upon quality ice cream, great service and excellent value for money!
Our very own on-campus Costa will be open all evening providing hot and cold drinks and snacks for your visit.
We strive to host as many Campus Tours as possible, but due to high-demand, spaces become fully booked extremely quickly. We strongly encourage you to attend our summer Open Evenings to ensure you can visit the college before making an application for study.
Campus Tours are held between October - December each year, during the college day. Unfortunately, due to the demands of the Admissions process, and events for our current students, we are unable to hold tours outside the Autumn term. Booking for Campus Tours will open early in the new academic year.