These are available to learners under 19 on 31st August 2023, who are from a household in receipt of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit and/or Working Tax Credit and the household annual gross income has been assessed as below £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after someone stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with net earnings not exceeding £7,400 pa.
Also, available for 19+ learners who are enroled on a study programme they began aged 16-18 (‘19+ continuer's) or learners who have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) assessed by the Local Authority and studying a Government funded full-time course.
A credit of £4.00 per day will be issued to the student’s ‘Parent-Pay’ account for use in the College’s Food Centre. In the circumstances of distance learning, then regular BACS payments will be made for each College day.