Education and Childcare T Level
T Levels are a brand-new qualification designed to give you a head start towards the future you want. Equivalent to 3 A Levels, this 2-year qualification brings classroom and work placement together, on a course designed in collaboration with the best employers. This qualification is suitable for students looking to develop both the knowledge and practical skills needed to progress into the education and childcare sector.
The technical qualification is split into 2 component parts:
- Core components = the knowledge and underpinning concepts, theories and principles as well as core skills for the education and childcare sector.
- Specialist Pathway = In addition to the core content, each student will study the Assistant teaching pathway which will provide them with the knowledge and skills required to enter employment or further study in the specific occupational area.
- Understanding the education and childcare sector from ages 0 to 19
- Child development
- How to support children and young people’s education
- Safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing
- Understanding and managing behaviour
- Observing and assessing children and young people
- Equality and diversity
- Special educational needs and disability
- English as an additional language
- Working with parents, carers and wider families
- Working with agencies and services that support children, families and carers
- Reflective practice and other forms of professional development
- Assisting teaching
Minimum Entry Requirements
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 including GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths.
- You will be assessed through a combination of written examination and an employer-set project.
- Exam Board: NCFE
Why choose this course?
This qualification is suitable for students looking to develop both knowledge and practical skills in the education and childcare sector.
This technical qualification will support students on to a range of progression routes including employment, higher education and higher apprenticeships.
Skills you'll gain
All students will undertake substantial work placements of at least 45 days. Industry placements are intended to provide students with the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for skilled employment in their chosen occupation which are less easily attainable by doing a qualification alone.
After Long Road
Your T Level will help you step straight into your chosen career, an apprenticeship or a degree.
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in early year’s education, childcare or assisting teaching. Students can progress into roles such as:
- Nursery Worker
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Mentor
- Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant
- Portage Home Visitor