The Regional Economy: Jobs & Skills – Parents Event 2022
Last week we invited all parents and carers to a Virtual Careers Event to help them understand where the jobs are and what skills are needed. With an emphasis on the regional economy and skills shortages, we brought together speakers from a range of key industries to discuss pathways into employment, including apprenticeships:
- Our regional economy and the importance of apprenticeships: Laura Guymer, Growth Works with Skills
- Green Jobs –Sylvie Russell, Head of Operations, Cambridge Cleantech
- Digital – Mark Rayner, CEO Cambridge Wireless
- Agri-Tech – Professor Mario Caccamo, CEO and Director, NIAB Group
- Construction – Michael Buttress, Project Manager, Bidwells; Cambridge Forum for the Construction Industry Young Ambassador
- Manufacturing and Engineering: David Carrington, Operations Quality Manager, Domino Printing
- Health, Social Care, and Life Sciences – Lorraine Augustus and Bryony Wright, Cambridge University Hospitals
The video and slides are packed with information about each sector, contact information, and links to valuable sources of information all of which should help parents have informed discussions with students about jobs and careers.
Thank you & enjoy!