Become a Student Governor!
Do you want to have a say in how your college is run? Are you interested in representing the student body?
An exciting opportunity is now available for one Year 1 student to join the College Board as a Governor!
About the Corporation
The Corporation at Long Road Sixth Form College consists of 20 individuals, including the Principal, 3 staff Governors, 2 student Governors and one parent Governor. Governors provide strategic leadership to the college and set the mission and the framework of policies which the college operates within.
Why become a Student Governor?
- Develop important leadership and communication skills
- Gain valuable experience to add to your CV, take real steps to achieve your academic, career, and/or personal goals
- Learn about college strategy and help to develop the college to benefit learners.
- Grow your network of contacts
- Take up the opportunity of free training
- Experience the democratic processes of election!
How long will I be in office for?
2 years. Your term of office runs until July 2025.
Who can apply?
We need a Student Governor who is currently a Year 1 student. We are keen to hear from you if you feel you can make a difference to the College and our students.
How do I apply?
Complete the application form below. Your application is to be submitted by 5pm on Friday 29 September 2023 to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should say something about you, and why you think you will be a good student Governor. This statement will be used if there needs to be an election.
For more information on the role, please talk to Year 2 Student Governor Lily-Kate McCormack or Anne-Marie Diaper, Clerk to the Corporation, based in Room C30.