COVID-19 Reporting: COVID19Reporting@longroad.ac.uk
If you or a member of your household have coronavirus symptoms, are self-isolating or have tested positive for coronavirus please email COVID19Reporting@longroad.ac.uk
COVID-19 Secure: Keeping you Safe at College – updated April 2021
At Long Road, we are committed to doing all that we can to keep our students and staff safe while studying and working during the coronavirus pandemic. We have been working hard to ensure all of our staff and students can work remotely to the best of their ability.
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with all colleagues.
- We have implemented college-wide cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with current government guidance.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to support both our staff and students to work from home.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance on the college site.
- Where colleagues cannot maintain a 2m distance, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk.
- Please click here to read the Department for Health Test and Trace information
- Please click here for the latest guidance for Sixth Form Colleges reopening in March 2021.
COVID-19 Testing Centre – updated March 2021
Long Road Sixth Form College Lateral Flow Testing Centre – Site Reference = LRSF
Welcome to the Long Road Sixth Form College Lateral Flow Testing Centre. This video will walk you through our testing centre process and show you what to expect when taking part in on-campus college testing.
Please note: the college test centre is for ASYMPTOMATIC TESTING ONLY. If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay at home and book a test via https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
Home Testing Kits
If you are 18+ and are in a household, childcare or support bubble with someone who works or is a student at a primary school, secondary school or sixth form college you can order a lateral flow home test kit.
Please note: These kits are for asymptomatic testing only, if you cannot get a test from your workplace. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have been told to self-isolate, please stay at home and book a test via https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
COVID 19 Support for English and Maths GCSE: 16-19 Tuition Fund – updated January 2021
The college will provide individual and small group (up to 5) support sessions for students who do not yet have Grade 4 in English or Maths GCSE. These sessions will supplement the classroom teaching and enable students to have more personal feedback and help with their preparation for GCSE exams. This support is funded by the Government.
Support will be taking place online while the college site is closed. Students will receive support individually or in small groups (up to 5) using the breakout rooms in the Teams channel. If you would like to know more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org