A high achieving and inclusive sixth form college which inspires, helps and motivates you to become the best that you can be.
Long Road values:
• We act with integrity; we keep our commitments and are honest, fair and trustworthy.
• We aim to encourage and inspire each other to success – to be the best that we can be.
• We share a passion for learning and its capacity to transform lives.
• We show respect for ourselves, for others and for our environment.
• We will achieve our vision through collaborative, effective teamwork, both in college and with our community partners.
We also promote the following values:
Democracy by encouraging students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality and to society more widely, and enable students to acquire a general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services. We encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes.
The rule of law enabling students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law We encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality and to society more widely.
Individual liberty, promoting tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures.
Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs by enabling students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence and the importance of identifying and combatting discrimination.