Getting your exam results
This page provides information about how students obtain their examination results and the services available to students after they receive their results.
Summer 2018 exam results
A level / AS results / Level 3 Diploma / Extended Project Results
These are sent by email to college email addresses on Thursday 16th August from 8am.
GCSE results / iGCSE / Level 2 Diploma / Certificate Results
These are sent by email to college email addresses on Thursday 23rd August from 8am.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR COLLEGE EMAIL ACCOUNT IS NOT FULL AND YOUR PERSONAL EMAIL ACCOUNT IS UP-TO-DATE, OTHERWISE YOU MAY NOT RECEIVE YOUR RESULTS!
The following services are available after the publication of summer 2018 results:
- Enquiries about results
- Access to marked examination scripts
- Issue of certificates
NB: if you are considering requesting a review of marking because you are dissatisfied with your examination grade, please bear in mind the following:
- Consider your predicted grades, ongoing assessment provided by your teacher(s), mock exam results and any advice or expectations you had about what you were realistically going to achieve. If your result is way off what you expected and how well you think the exam(s) in the subject went, then you may be right to consider a review of marking.
- Exam boards will only change a grade due to errors, or if marking is out of tolerance when reviewing papers. Reviewers will not re-mark scripts: the service is a post-results review of the original marking to ensure that the agreed mark scheme has been applied correctly. Adjustments will not be made due to minor differences in professional opinion (e.g. slightly firmer or slightly softer marking).
- Your marks could be lowered following the outcome of a review and your overall grade could go down.
- Requests for a review of marking is expensive (see the links below for details).
- Grades awarded by the Exam Boards are only occasionally increased. The college’s experience is that exam boards have rarely changed marks in the past and have put systems in place to reduce the number of changes considerably in the past year or so. However, they have improved the quality and checking of marking.
- The services are available for written papers of both modular and linear specifications. Coursework and practical elements cannot be reviewed and have already been checked and moderated.
For more information about post-result services, please click on the relevant links below:
(This refers to A levels, AS levels, Level 3 Applied Diplomas and Extended Project)
(This refers to GCSE, iGCSE and Level 2 Applied Diplomas / Certificates)