Getting your exam results
This page provides information about how students obtain their examination results and the services available to students after they receive their results.
Summer 2019 exam results – Results Days
A level, AS results, Level 3 Applied Diploma, Extended Project Results
These are sent by email to College email addresses on Thursday 15th August 2019 from 8am.
GCSE results, Level 2 Applied Diploma, Certificate Results
These are sent by email to College email addresses on Thursday 22nd August 2019 from 8am.
Please make sure that you can access your College email account and that the mailbox is not full; otherwise you may not receive your results. If you are unable to access your email account please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01223 631234. Ensure the College also has your most up-to-date personal email address.
The following services are available after the publication of Summer 2019 results:
- Access to marked examination scripts – Priority and non-priority services
- Review of marks – Priority and non-priority services
- Issue of certificates (December 2019)
Please use this link to the Exams Shop to request and pay for post-results services. Please note that all request types are listed on the same landing page, so please scroll down to find the service you need. If you have an enquiry related to your exam results, or need to contact the College, please email email@example.com so that we can deal with your request efficiently. We aim to respond to your enquiry as soon as we can. All post-results services submitted before the deadline will be processed.
- Access to Scripts – priority service (whereby a university place depends on the outcome. Please see the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page)
- Access to Scripts – non-priority service (whereby there is no university place dependent on the outcome)
- Review of Marks – priority service (whereby a university place depends on the outcome. Please see the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page)
- Review of Marks – non-priority service (whereby there is no university place dependent on the outcome)
If you are considering requesting a review of marking because you are dissatisfied with your examination grade, please bear the following in mind:
- Consider your predicted grades, ongoing assessment provided by your teacher(s), mock exam results and any advice or expectations you had about what you were realistically going to achieve. If your result is way-off what you expected and how well you think the exam(s) in the subject went, then you may be right to consider a review of marking.
- Exam boards will only change a grade due to errors, or if marking is out of tolerance when reviewing scripts and mark schemes. Reviewers will not re-mark scripts: The service is a post-results review of the original marking to ensure that the agreed mark scheme has been applied correctly. Adjustments will not be made due to minor differences in professional opinion (e.g. slightly firmer or slightly softer marking).
- Your marks could be lowered following the outcome of a review and your overall grade could go down. If this happens you cannot request the original grade to be reinstated.
- Requests for a review of marking can be expensive and your grade could rise, fall or remain the same.
- Once a review of marking has been requested, it cannot be withdrawn; nor can your original grade be reinstated if a review of marks has altered it.
- Grades awarded by the exam boards are only occasionally increased. The College’s experience is that exam boards have rarely changed marks in the past and have put systems in place to considerably reduce the number of changes they make post-results. However, they have improved the quality and checking of marking so grades are considered to be accurate.
- The services are available for written papers of both modular and linear specifications. Coursework and practical elements cannot be reviewed and have already been checked and moderated.
- Any special consideration applied for immediately after you took the paper will have been applied, and the College cannot request the same or similar circumstances are taken into account any further after results publication.
- The College is able to offer a refund (minus the administration fee of £10) for any subjects whereby the overall grade is altered following a Review of Marks.
For more information about post-result services, please see below:
Level 3 Post-Result Services and deadlines – Summer 2019
A level, AS results, Level 3 Applied Diploma, Extended Project
- Priority Access to scripts: service available Thursday 15th August – Tuesday 20th August
- Non-priority access to scripts: service available Thursday 15th August – Thursday 19th September
- Priority review of marking: service available Thursday 15th August – Tuesday 20th August
- Non-priority review of marking: service available Thursday 15th August – Thursday 12th September
Level 2 Post-Result Services and deadlines – Summer 2019
GCSE, Level 2 Applied Diploma, Certificate
- Priority Access to scripts: service available Thursday 22nd August – Thursday 27th August
- Non-priority access to scripts: service available Thursday 22nd August – Thursday 19th September
- Priority review of marking: service available Thursday 22nd August – Thursday 27th August
- Non-priority review of marking: service available Thursday 22nd August – Thursday 12th September
Using the Priority services – terms and conditions
- The Priority services are exclusively for students who need a resolution for their post-results query ahead of university or post-16 education deadlines.
- Please do not request this service if you don’t need it, as it will delay others who rely on getting a resolution to their enquiry quickly.
- All requests received ahead of the deadline will be processed. The deadlines are published by the exam boards and we cannot guarantee the boards will meet the request within the set deadlines.
- If you want to access your script before requesting a Review of Marks, please bear in mind that a script can take a few days to be returned to us, and you may not have time to meet the Review of Marking deadline. The College cannot be held responsible for any delays in exam boards processing the requests if made within the published deadlines.
- Completing payment for any post-result service confirms you accept these conditions.