If you’re keen to find out more or join the Volunteer Club talk to Sam Plant: email@example.com
Volunteering at Long Road makes you feel part of the community spirit by making new friends and giving you that sense of belonging in a friendly and supportive environment. You will feel a great deal of pride that comes from making a difference to people’s lives within your community. It’s not only the people you’re volunteering with that benefit, it’s you as well through gaining personal satisfaction and achievement, new skills and experiences, demonstrating commitment, new ways of thinking and encountering new cultures and customs. Volunteering brings hope and happiness to people and leads to spiritual and emotional growth which is extremely important to our own mental health as it helps us grow as a person developing value and compassion.
We work with a number of organisations which allows you to volunteer in something your passionate about and you can choose the amount of volunteering you do over the two/three years you spend with us. Don’t forget to fill out your Volunteering Log!
Below are some points of why it is important to volunteer and what may motivate you to get involved.
- Helping the local community
- Meeting new people who may be different from you
- Try something new
- Making a difference
- Doing something you enjoy in your spare time
- See a different way of life and new places
- Support people with something you’re good at
- Value: act on something that is important to you.
- Enhancement: Enhance self-esteem and psychological development
- Social: Interact with others
- Understanding: Increase your knowledge and develop skills.
- Career: Gain experiences that will benefit your future career.
- Protective: Cope with anxiety and conflicts
- Sports Connections Foundation: Development / Research Volunteer – Click here to find out more!
- SCF are looking for a development/research volunteer who can work with the Income and Engagement Team in developing new funding and engagement opportunities.
- Sports Connections Foundation: Grant / Bid Writer Volunteer – Click here to find out more!
- Volunteers must have their own laptop and be someone who is very flexible and be able to work remotely.
- Sports Connections Foundation: Virtual Collection Tin Volunteer – Click here to find out more!
- You’ll share our key messages and campaigns with as many people as possible across your networks and encourage them to donate.
- Sports Connections Foundation: Volunteer Ambassador – Click here to find out more!
- Volunteer Ambassadors help to raise awareness of our work by attending events to talk about our work and encourage others to get involved in fundraising activities.
- Centre 33 – Click here to find out more!
- Centre 33 have a number of volunteering opportunities for you to get involved in. Click here to check out their short video and find out more!
- Camsight have a wide range of volunteering activities to get involved in! Opportunities are limited by COVID restrictions but please click here to see the types of activities that we hope to see returning soon: Camsight Volunteering Opportunities