We are committed to providing students with information about a broad range of careers and progression opportunities. We offer a comprehensive Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance programme, with activities and opportunities tailored to the appropriate level, subject or course, and take seriously our duty (under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997) to enable our Yr12 and Yr13 students to:
- Find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeship opportunities, as well as opportunities in higher and further education;
- Hear about opportunities from a range of local and national providers through careers events, progression activities, Progress Tutorials and 1:1 advice from Progress Coaches and Tutors;
- Understand how to research, apply and make informed decisions about the full range of academic and technical courses available.
Opportunities for access
To support this, we are always looking to expand our network of education, training and industry contacts and collaborate to develop meaningful opportunities. We will work together to develop an event or activity, providing space and resources to support you to deliver information and materials to our students in the most appropriate way.
A number of events, integrated into the College’s Careers Programmes throughout the academic year offer providers the opportunity to speak to students (and parents and families). These include:
- Autumn Term:
- Higher & Further Education Fair – Year 13
- Aim Higher Workshops – Year 12
- Spring Term:
- Apprenticeships Fair – Year 12 & Year 13
- Careers Fair – Year 12
- Employability Workshops – Year 13
- Summer Term:
- Progression Week – Year 12
- After Long Road – Parents & Families
In addition, we regularly invite providers to facilitate workshops (online or in person) to support students to make key decisions at important transition points.
If you are a higher or further education or training provider and are interested in working with our students, in the first instance please contact:
Careers Assistant: Emma Greenhill
Telephone: 01223 631000