We know that moving from school to college can be a scary process: a new campus, new subjects, new faces and a new level of independence. To make sure you feel right at home you will have a Progress Coach, a dedicated member of staff who will help and support you as you settle into life at Long Road.
Whatever challenges you face, we believe that you can achieve your best. Your dedicated Progress Coach will work with you and your family from the moment you join Long Road to ensure a smooth transition to college life. Our aim is to develop an effective programme for YOU.
Your Progress Coach will be on hand to guide you, helping you stay on target to reach your goals. Working closely with you and your teachers they’ll help you plan and achieve your next steps, supporting you as you aim high and find the best possible option to suit you after Long Road.
You will receive:
- Group tutorials where you’ll get to know other students, your Progress Coach and Long Road.
- Ongoing individual and personal support to get the most out of your time with us.
- Help creating your own learning plan so you can see what you need to achieve and how to monitor your progress and performance.
- Support with revision and exam techniques.
- Advice and guidance on careers, apprenticeships and university pathways.