We know that moving from school to college is a big change: a new campus, new faces and a new level of independence. To make sure you feel at home you will be assigned a Progress Coach, a dedicated member of staff who will help and support you as you settle into Long Road life. Working together with you and your family from the moment you join our Long Road community they will ensure a smooth transition to college life. They will be on hand to guide you, helping you to stay on target and reach your goals.
Your personal Progress Coach will give you tailored advice to help you successfully achieve your career goals. You will attend weekly group tutorials where you will research different routes into your chosen career and identify what pathway best suits you. Working closely with you and your teachers they will help you to plan and achieve your next steps, supporting you as you aim high and succeed in your academic and career goals.
The ongoing individual support you will receive from your Progress Coach will ensure you will get the most out of your study programme, continuously overseeing and updating you and your family on your academic progress. Using this information, you and your Progress Coach will work together to create your own learning plan so you can identify your strengths and clearly see what you need to achieve and monitor your own academic performance.
- Group tutorials where you’ll get to know other students, your Progress Coach and Long Road.
- Ongoing individual and personal support on how to achieve at college and get the most out of your time with us.
- Help to create your own learning plan so you can see what you need to achieve and how to monitor your progress and performance.
- Support with revision and exam techniques.
- Advice and guidance on careers, apprenticeships and university pathways.