Long Road Scholars’ Awards
We are delighted to be able to offer a number of Scholars’ Awards to hard-working, high-achieving and ambitious students who have applied to study at our friendly and supportive college.
A Scholar’s Award would enable you to take part in additional, ‘super-curricular’, activities to help you excel in your subjects and aspire to the highest possible achievement in your study programme.
Each Award is worth £500.
How you spend your award would be entirely your decision, but examples of ways that you could enrich your learning include:
- UK or overseas travel to a place relevant to your studies;
- attendance at exhibitions, conferences or other events;
- purchase of books or journals, or subscriptions to online magazines;
- purchase of additional items such as art supplies or photographic equipment.
Applications are invited from students who:
- are taking at least seven GCSEs or equivalent in the summer of 2022;
- are predicted to achieve outstanding GCSE results: at least seven Grades 7-9 including two Grades 8 or 9;
- will be enrolling to study at Long Road Sixth Form College from September 2022;
- provide excellent reasons why they should receive the Award;
- are willing to make a significant, wider contribution to the life of the college;
- will be aged 16 on 31st August 2022.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Long Road Scholar, we expect you to continue your hard work both within your studies and in contribution to wider college life. The responsibilities associated with being a Long Road Scholar are as follows:
- Contributing to the college community by…
- Participating in regular Long Road Scholar focus groups to support the college in continually improving the student experience.
- Volunteering for student ambassador roles at a range of college events such as Open Evenings.
- Supporting fellow and future students in learning about the college by supporting outreach activities such as greeting visitors, leading college tours and providing written pieces for the college website.
- We also encourage you to contribute to the wider community by…
- Volunteering in your local area
- Playing for a Sports teams (either at college or in your local area)
How to apply
Please download and complete the Scholars Award Application Form. Awards will be conditional upon GCSE performance and a formal meeting with a member of senior college staff. Awards will be confirmed in October 2022. The decision of the Principal is final in matters relating to the award of scholarships.
Email your application to: Abby on firstname.lastname@example.org
or post to:
Marketing and Communication Coordinator
Long Road Sixth Form College
Cambridge CB2 8PX
The closing date is 12noon, Friday 22nd April 2022