Do you want to have a say in how the college is run? Are you interested in representing the student body? Become a student governor!
We want to hear from all Year 1 students at college who are keen and ready to dedicate some time. Complete the application form below by 12 noon on Friday 15 October 2021 and send to email@example.com
Your applications should say something about you and why you think you will be a good Student Governor. This statement will be used if there needs to be an election.
About the corporation
The Corporation at Long Road Sixth Form College consists of 20 individuals, including the Principal, 3 staff Governors, 2 student Governors and one parent Governor. Governors provide strategic leadership to the College and set the mission and the framework of policies which the College operates within.
Key opportunities for the Student Governor role
• Develop important leadership and communication skills
• Gain valuable experience to add to your CV, take real steps to achieve your academic, career, and/or personal goals
• Learn about College strategy and help to develop the College to benefit learners
• Grow your network of contacts
• Take up the opportunity of free training
• Experience the democratic processes of election!
We need a Governor who is currently a Year 1 student. We are keen to hear from you if you feel you can make a difference to the College and our students. The term of office runs until July 2023.
Share ideas and talk about what it is like to be a Student Governor with Year 2 Student Governor Olivia Palo PAL202000899@longroad.ac.uk
or Anne-Marie Diaper, Clerk to the Corporation firstname.lastname@example.org Room C30