Long Road Sixth Form College, Cambridge: Scholars’ Awards
We are delighted to be able to offer a number of Scholars’ Awards to hard-working, high-achieving and ambitious students who have applied to study at our friendly and supportive college.
A Scholar’s Award would enable you to take part in additional, ‘super-curricular’, activities to help you excel in your subjects and aspire to the highest possible achievement in your study programme.
Each Award is worth £500.
How you spend your award would be entirely your decision, but examples of ways that you could enrich your learning include:
- UK or overseas travel to a place relevant to your studies;
- attendance at exhibitions, conferences or other events;
- purchase of books or journals, or subscriptions to online magazines;
- purchase of additional items such as art supplies or photographic equipment.
Applications are invited from students who:
- are taking at least seven GCSEs or equivalent in the summer of 2018;
- are predicted to achieve outstanding GCSE results: at least seven Grades 7-9 including two Grades 8 or 9;
- will be enrolling to study at Long Road Sixth Form College from September 2018;
- provide excellent reasons why they should receive the Award;
- are willing to make a significant, wider contribution to the life of the college;
- will be aged 16 on 31st August 2018.
How to apply
Please download and complete the Scholar’s Award application form.
Either post your application to:
Long Road Sixth Form College
Cambridge CB2 8PX
or email: email@example.com
If you have any questions, or need help completing the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 23rd April 2018.
The outcome of the selection process will be advised at the end of May 2018.
Awards will be conditional upon GCSE performance and confirmed in September 2018.
The decision of the Principal is final in matters relating to the award of scholarships.