We were delighted to welcome 17 former students on campus yesterday to talk to our current Year 1 Sports students!
The event was a great success with our alumni providing great advice and answering questions when talking in small groups to all of our students.
Many thanks to the following individuals who gave up their afternoon to come and talk to us!
- Mollie Messenger– Massage Therapist and Pitch side First Aider at Cambridge Rugby Club with the first team. She is studying Level 5 Professional Diploma in Sports Massage and Remedial Soft Tissue Therapy on the job. Runs her own company.
- Dan Turner-Working as Quantity Surveyor in Cambridge
- Finn Conroy (Finished with a 2:1 at Sheffield University studying Sports Science) Nuffield Health PT and Swim Coach
- Ryan Day (Fire Fighter at Cambridge Fire Station)
- Rob Winfield-Mortgage Advisor at Connells
- Sasha Vail-Sports Studies with Psychology and Philosophy at Stirling University
- Georgia Kirby-Cook-Sports Coaching Science (Canterbury Christ Church University) Level 2 Gym Instructor/Level 3 Nutritionist Advisor of Physical Activity
- Katie Moore– Fashion Marketing and Branding at Nottingham Trent
- Georgia Reardon-Business Management and Marketing at Nottingham Trent
- Marcus Pestell-Studied Sport and Pedagogy at Bedford University and completed teacher training through a PGCE. Now PE teacher at Coleridge.
- Brandon Ockenden-Completed a ski season and is currently travelling in Europe before going to Asia/New Zealand/Australia. Training as a Paramedic in 2022.
- Luke Mitchell- Completed Level 5 HNC Diploma in Sport (Coaching and Sports Development). Working for Premier Education-Official Title: Activity Professional
- Cerys Kirby-Cook-Going to study Sports Development and Coaching at Lincoln University.
- Murray Barker (Sports Therapy Chelmsford University)-Now runs his own Sports Therapy company in Cambridge
- Emma Negus- Coaches gymnastics and dance in Primary schools around Bury St Edmunds. Also works at Fraser Hart in the Grand Arcade
- Julyah Clarke-PT at Cambridge Pure Gym
- George Ball-Owns his own coaching company and currently has 20 Primary Schools in the Cambridgeshire Area