Music Level 3 Diploma
Level 3 Applied Courses
Music Performance gives you the chance to experience and develop a knowledge of what it is to work in the music industry. As a music student, you will be playing and performing in ensemble groups, both in and out of the college. You will learn using a practical approach to the requirements of working within a creative field while developing your knowledge of the career opportunities that are available in this constantly evolving industry.
This course is an Extended Certificate (60 credits) equivalent to one A Level.
Please note; may be required to pay course costs towards your study on this course. Please click here for a full list of 2020 Course Costs.
You will get the chance to compose and perform your own pieces, as well as develop or extend your current theoretical knowledge. The course is taught within excellent purpose-built facilities, which include rehearsal rooms and a music technology computer suite equipped with audio and MIDI interfaces, amplifiers, PA systems, drum kits and additional percussion. You will be given the opportunity to perform within the fully equipped and professionally lit music stage. Should you be a musician who has an interest in a future career in music, then the music course is an excellent choice worth considering.
- 58% exam
- 42% coursework
Is it for me?
This course is suitable for those with an interest in the subject who have had appropriate grounding. This may be through a variety of routes such as participation in musical activities, study of an instrument, graded examinations, study of music theory and experience of music at GCSE level.
In addition, the course offers:
- Enthusiastic and supportive specialist teachers;
- Opportunities to perform in a range of different ensembles;
- Encouragement to take part in college concerts and performances;
- An excellent enrichment timetable;
- Room for creativity and self expression
- At least 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 including GCSE English.
- Grade 4 in GCSE Music if taken.
- A good standard of musical ability; Grade 4 or Grade 5 standard in instrument or voice and some knowledge of musical theory and keyboard skills.
- A successful audition set by the Music department.