Business Level 3 Diploma
Level 3 Applied Courses
Businesses are at the heart of the UK economy, innovating new products, meeting customer needs, developing the skills of their workers and creating wealth for local communities. You will touch on the creative elements of marketing, motivating people, managing resources and psychologically understanding customers.
You can study this as an Extended Certificate (60 credits) the equivalent to one A Level.
Please note; may be required to pay course costs towards your study on this course. Please click here for a full list of 2020 Course Costs.
You will investigate the purpose, type and size of local and international business, giving you an understanding of how businesses grow and develop. You will then explore how businesses use, manage and balance their financial resources to pay employees and make their product. You will be introduced to the world of marketing, conducting your own market research and developing a marketing plan. Finally, you will learn how to motivate your employees to work hard and stay in your business; looking at the techniques used by businesses to plan how many employees, what skills and what roles they need.
You will develop work-based skills such as teamwork, idea development, in order to create a business project. You will look at how to cost a project and methods to increase profitability. The course will also encompass how to manage and communicate with customers Road. You will also be learning about how the economy impacts on both domestic and international business as well as how governments intervene in the economy.
- 40% exam
- 60% coursework
Is it for me?
You will enjoy and benefit from the Business Diploma if…
- you are interested in the business stories you hear in the media and programmes such as ‘Dragons’ Den’,
- are able to write fluently,
- are willing to do presentations, group work, work experience;
- enjoy working with numbers to interpret and understand the financial side of business.
- At least 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 including GCSE English and GCSE Maths.
- Grade 4 in GCSE Business Studies or a Merit in Business BTEC/CTECH if taken.