Level 2 Applied Courses
This one year course offers the opportunity to develop skills valued by employers in the sports industry today. We develop these skills through planning fitness training programmes for selected athletes, organising charity sports events, researching how the body functions during sport and exercise, analysing sporting technical and tactical skills, working with others, effective communication leading coaching sessions and leadership. Your interest in sport will be encouraged through a variety of learning experiences and assessment on core sport science topic
Please note; may be required to pay course costs towards your study on this course. Please click here for a full list of 2020 Course Costs.
To achieve this qualification you will complete the following units of study:
- Practical Sport;
- Anatomy and Physiology for Sport;
- Fitness Testing and Training;
- Nutrition for Sports Performance;
- Injury in Sport;
- Effects of Exercise on the Body’s Systems;
- Planning and Leading Sports Activities;
- Development of Personal Fitness
- At least 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 including GCSE English.
- Students who have not achieved a Grade 4 in GCSE English and/or GCSE Maths must retake these as part of their study programme.