Double Science GCSE
Access to Level 3
We believe that science has something to offer every student and that everyone needs some level of relevant scientific understanding. This course provides a science qualification for Level 2 students so that students of all abilities and all aspirations can realise their potential.
Please note; may be required to pay course costs towards your study on this course. Click here for a full list of Course Costs
The course covers all three sciences and has divided the content into two main sections, which contain connections between areas of biology, physics and chemistry. Some of the topics you will study include:
- Transport over larger distances: systems in animals and plants and how these systems interact.
- Interactions with the environment: the effects of factors in the environment on organisms, how our choices affect our health.
- How organisms, species, living and non-living systems change over time.
- Movement and interactions: rates of change of motion and direction of large and small objects, and chemical changes.
- Guiding Spaceship Earth towards a sustainable future: resources of materials and energy
- 100% exam
- At least 3 GCSEs at Grade 4.
- Grade 3 in GCSE English and GCSE Maths.
- Students who have not achieved a Grade 4 in GCSE English and/or GCSE Maths must retake these as part of their study programme.
There’s no better way to learn about science than through purposeful practical activities as part of day-to-day teaching and learning. Our practical’s are clearly laid out in the
specification, so you know exactly what’s required; are deliberately open, so can be covered in the way that suits students.